kcm school moradabad uttar pradesh



Self-employed subcontractor tax deductions « TaxAid


help with a tax problem if HMRC cant sort it out

Jump Menu :
Content |
Search |
Home |
Contact |

Follow @taxaiduk

  • About TaxAid
  • Members’ Area

You are here: Home » Guides » Information » A starting point for the self-employed » CIS Subcontractor » Self-employed subcontractor tax deductions

PLEASE NOTE: The charity TaxAid advises only those people on low incomes whose problems cannot be resolved with HMRC.

Self-employed subcontractor tax deductions

CIS Subcontractor

If you are a self-employed subcontractor, before you are first paid on a new job the contractor you are working for will ask you for your address and your Unique Tax Reference number (UTR). Your UTR is the 10 digit number HMRC gives to you when you register as self-employed. It will be shown on your tax return and on letters sent to you from HMRC. This information will be used to find you on HMRC’s Continue reading “Self-employed subcontractor tax deductions « TaxAid”

English Essays for Children and Students 11 plus English

Go to navigation

home Eleven Plus Home » Advice » English » Essay Writing


11+ Essay Writing

Independent School Essay Writing Next Page.

With thanks to various 11+ Forum members, particularly Freya, for their helpful posts on this topic.

Children often feel that the essay element of the 11+ is a monumental task, and parents preparing them for it often feel the same way! We hope that the advice on this page will help your and your child to break the task down into manageable pieces, and also provide you with some useful shortcuts.

On this section you will also find advice on essay writing from an 11+ veteran who took several Independent School exams. The advice given is particularly helpful for longer essays and for more challenging topics and tests.

The essay test may be as little as 20 minutes or as long as 50 minutes, and may be factual or fiction. There is usually a choice of titles, Continue reading “English Essays for Children and Students 11 plus English”